Canada opens the travel for not only immediate family but also extended family members of Canadian citizen or permanent resident by requesting a written authorization to travel.
Who is Immediate family member:
- Spouse or common-law partner
- dependent child
- dependent child of dependent child
- parent or step-parent
- guardian or tutor
Who is considered Extended Family Member :
- Fiance , Commited romantic partners living together for at least 1 year , boyfriends, girlfriends, or couple
- a Non-dependent child (adult child)
- a grandchild(dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
- a grandparent
Furthermore, for travelling the things you need with you at the airport are:
- a Valid visa or eTA
- a valid passport
- written authorization to travel
- proof of relation to PR or Canadian Citizen Family member
- purpose of travel
- have all the heath check to confirm you don’t have any signs of COVID-19.
- your quarantine plan
Have a safe travel and get together with the member of your family in Canada.