A Visitor Visa or Canadian Tourist Visa is required for applicants who want to enter Canada on a temporary basis, whether it be to visit family or see the country as a tourist. A visitor visa is also known as Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office. There are two types of Visitor Visas, one for single entry and another for multiple-entry use.
Single entry visas are granted for a period of up to 6 months while the maximum validity date for multiple-entry visitor visas is up to 10 years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport or re-entry visa (whichever date comes first).
Anyone who is planning to visit Canada for a holiday, or to visit family, or to conduct business should apply for a TRV before they arrive in Canada. The TRV comes with some restrictions which are subject to various conditions. Canadian citizens or permanent residents are not required to get a TRV to enter or re-enter Canada.
Who Can Apply ?
In order to get a TRV, you need to satisfy some conditions while you apply to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Some of these conditions are as follows:
- Prove that you will leave the country after your visit.
- Prove that you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself and any accompanying family members coming with you.
- Must be in good health and be willing to conduct a medical exam if required.
- Have a clear police verification report.
- Must not engage in any kind of work or study in Canada, unless authorized to do so.
- Must be able to provide all supporting documents at the request of the visa officer.
We provide expert knowledge concerning all the necessary documents and requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa as well as programs that go beyond temporary visas and pave the way to permanent residency. If you’re looking for more programs regarding immigration, fill the form and we will assist you in every way possible.